Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Shawl for Grandma

It's been quite a while since my last post. No doubt it's because I have not knitted much since winter. You know the usual excuses: summertime, laziness and such.

BamBam has also passed. I found him one day on his back right in the middle of the tank as if he jumped off the red rock to his death. I hoped he was molting but alas after a few days when his tank emitted the foul stench of crustacean death, I decided it was time to do the right thing and clean it out.

I'm visiting my grandmother in Hong Kong in about 5-6 weeks. Planning to send my love by knitting her a cozy and fabulous shawl. Since I haven't experienced a HK winter since I was 7 years old, I posted a note to Hong Kong Knitters on Ravelry to ask for yarn suggestions and patterns. Hope to get some replies soon so I can buy the yarn and get cracking. While it would be nice to have something to knit on the plane ride, ideally I would want to finish and block it before going to HK.

Been mulling over these patterns for now.

Woodland Shawl
Woodland Shawl

Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl
Feather and Fan Comfort Shawl

Clapotis
Clapotis

No comments:

Post a Comment